Complimentary Placement Services
Keuka College continues to provide field placement services and is working diligently to ensure all students are placed in field sites while respecting the challenges that our partners are experiencing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Keuka College’s online students receive the same services and support that they would receive if they were on campus. Our dedicated field placement teams collaborate with you to find experiential learning sites in your community to achieve the hours of real-world, hands-on experience that are required for your degree. This service is included in the program cost and allows you more time to focus on your coursework and personal responsibilities.
Top Regional University
U.S. News & World Report
Download our Assessment of Student Learning to learn more
Online MSW Field Placement Services
Support From Start to Finish
Your field placement experience will be one of the most exciting and rewarding aspects of earning your MSW degree. As an online MSW student, you will work with your Field Placement Coordinator to secure a field site for the experiential learning portion of the curriculum. These coordinators will:
- Collaborate with you to secure quality placement sites that reflect your educational goals, desired practice specialty, and scheduling requests.
- Ensure all field experiences meet CSWE accreditation standards, and that the agencies and field instructors are approved prior to the start of your fieldwork.
- Prepare you prior to the fieldwork by providing a realistic idea of the work you will be doing and ensuring that you are ready to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
The Field Placement Coordinators act as facilitators and are the primary point of contact for you in the placement cycle. They are responsible for all field placement matters, including:
- Document/clearance requirements
- Student relocation compliance
- Site assessments and communications
- Tech support
- Scheduling and logging of placement hours